2013 Decorating Trend - Reclaimed Wood

Wood salvaged from shipyards, farms and old buildings have a history and mystery that we all want part of. What if we could walk or eat on that history? The idea really intrigued me about four years ago when I saw reclaimed wood furniture and flooring displayed in a trade show I was visiting. The trend seems to have finally caught on and here are some beautiful and creative examples.


Reclaimed Wood Flooring

reclaimed wood floors
Photo: Pinterest

Reclaimed Wood Furniture

what about using some thicker boards like this and leaving a tiny bit of space between (it would be even better if you used reclaimed wood from Legacy) DIY Live Edge Table
Photo: Pinterest

Reclaimed wood, Ikea trestles. Photo by Kristen Lubbe
PhotoPinterest


I loved this DIY project when I came across it on one of my marathon quests to find easy-to-do projects. I love this table so much, I even like the nails! Suddenly IKEA seems full of endless possibilities. To see many more products and ideas visit me on Pinterest. Have fun salvaging!




Comments

  1. That table reminds me of medieval England. It is perfect for those living in downtown portland oregon apartments who are fond of historical themed homes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should check out some of the properties you are talking about. Thanks for your comment.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Decorating Side Tables

Chartreuse - A Risque Color?

The Daybed